Adding image tiles with captions and descriptionsMedia: video & written how-to articles • Start building • Under 10 min
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Add an image tile to your microsites and templates
- Add captions and descriptions to your image tiles
In this video, we will explore image tiles and how to add captions and descriptions. Let’s start in the grid section and select an image tile. When selected, the left-hand editing panel identifies the tile. Under the tile tab, you have the image file listed. Once selected, in blue, you can replace the current image with a different one from the media library or upload one from your files. Below the image file is the caption. On the left-hand editing panel, you can edit the text to add a caption of the image. A common example of an image caption is a team member’s experience or credentials.
The paragraph bar
The paragraph bar allows you to change the font size, make it bold, italicize, or underline. Below that, you can change the alignment and font size. I also want to highlight the style preset. This option allows you to change the aesthetic of the caption, like the background color or even the font.
Let’s discuss the action tab
- Here you can create an action for the image. Choose from none, meaning no action, when the visitor clicks on the image.
- Expand image, which enlarges the image when the visitor clicks on it, as seen here. This offers a secondary caption option where an additional title and description can be added to further detail the image.
- External link. Here, you can add a URL to another website. So the visitor can be redirected when the image is clicked.
- The final option is an internal link. Which is internal to the existing Zoomforth site. Here, the visitor can be redirected to another subpage and a specific section or destination content.
That’s it. Now, you know how to add this description to your image tiles and create actions like linking to an external site or an internal subpage for more information on how to use the platform. Please see the next modules in this video series.